Pages

SoundCloud

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Top Priority (as of December 11)

If I take myself outside,
Will you be satisfied?
Will you support me
When I lose my mind?

What's best for me
Is a break,
An easy pace.
I'm pushed into a tree.
I can't make everything my top priority.

I freak out
About the little things.
I get sick,
And I can barely speak.
I found out
I'll never get to sleep.
Stupid authority is making me forget to breathe.

You require of me
What I don't want to learn.
Your stubbornness is not out of concern.
Tell them if they try,
Look up to the skies.
There's not one more line I can memorize.
I want to please you.
I strive to succeed.
But I'll never have enough of what you need.

(Chorus)

If I take myself outside,
Oh the perspective I'd find!
In the cornered guilt,
I hope I lied.
Will you be satisfied
If I told you I cried?
Overwhelming for me
Must be defied.
Will you support me...
I'll strangle my creativity,
Qualified through the academy.
...when I lose my mind?

(Chorus)

No comments: