Pages

SoundCloud

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Identity Crisis (April 13, 2012)

Identity Crisis
I'm not anyone today.

Identity lost in my mind.
All my feelings wash away
Until I come out to
Save myself from this null-and-void.

I take a chance to satisfy,
But scorn saves me from the truth.
Made of rock and metal sides.
Despair saves everything I lose.
I'm not blind,
But I'm not moving.
Look straight ahead.
My future is improving.
With no faith in me,
I push harder.

Nothing to say.
Nothing to prove.
Fault: uselessness.
Complaining to hide
From anything true.
I'm sorry that I hurt you.
Out of control.
Impulses surface.
Never a censor.
Never a stopper.
Instant contention.
Never an answer.

I'm not anyone today
Because I don't want to be.
No, you will not define me.
You won't know me.
I fray until strands
Of my mind break,
And I end up lonely.
Who wins?

No comments: