Pages

SoundCloud

Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Life is so Positive

So my music should reflect that, right? That's what I think. But every time I sit down to write a positive song, it turns into something sad. (Big insight to Luke Morin songwriting process. Remember this moment...) I'm never just happy. There's always some back-story, where something negative happened, and I'm getting over it. Songwriting is my personal therapy session. So in that sense, it makes sense that my music is a little upsetting. But I don't want to be THAT songwriter. The tortured soul. I like having a tortured soul, but I don't like this pigeon-hole.

So, tangent...

And now back.

I'm working on writing some positive music. I'm starting with love songs because love is the easiest positive emotion for me to express through music. But I'd like to branch out into truly positive and even spiritual ideas. I think it would be an amazing compositional breakthrough.

No comments: