Pages

SoundCloud

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 6, 2009 (I'm Not Your)

I'm not the sugar in your tea.
There's no reason for me to be sweet.
All the pleasantries are said politely.
I'm not the shoulder for your head.
Keep your complaints to yourself instead.
Put me on minimal importance.
I'm just a friend.

I'm not your boyfriend,
So keep your eyes off of me.
Hold his stupid hand. Pretend you're happy.
I won't be second.
Don't expect to talk to me.
Messing up my head and my heart
Without the guarantees.

I'm not the sample.
Nothing from me is free.
Stay invested or pay penalties.
I don't have his ego,
And I'm not so bold.
But you wasted time when I was ready.
I'm not the protector.
I don't need to be there for you...
Even though I want to.
I'm not a promise.
Shut up! You can't even make one.
But I promised you love.

(Chorus)

No comments: