Pages

SoundCloud

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

May 7, 2009

Today I scared myself so bad.
I fell completely to the floor.
All of this love for you I had,
I tried to slam the door.
I know you're stringing me along.
And I can't play anymore.
I've held my heart out too long.
I'm taking it back for someone else.
And when you're alone,
Don't cry to me for help.

I'll always love you,
But your time is up.
So I'm done.

This is harder than I thought.
Waiting was a part of me.
And all these thoughts in my head
Screwing with my sanity!
The smile has faded,
So just go away.
Come back so I can tell you
Not today.

Next day, I've planned to leave you.
Cut the leash you have on me.
And then I have to see the face,
Enduring yet another heartbreak.
I recognize my crestfallen tracks
That led to the snare in my place.
I'm hanging upside down,
Waiting for you. Wasted days.

You never said a word to me
Out in the public face.
Not a look, a smile, a gesture
To let me know I really mattered.
Take a look in these painful eyes
For the last time. It's been too long.

This is harder than I thought.
I thought I could wait long enough.
Now your lingering memory's
Screwing with my sanity!
Your chance has faded,
So just go away.
Come back and I'll tell you
How great we could be.

No comments: