Pages

SoundCloud

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sleep

Mama, you don't look so well.
I'm human enough to tell.
I'm sorry that I hurt you so,
But I can't breathe.
I'll take my memories from this cell,
Hold them forever when I'm in Hell.
You tell me that I'm saved,
But it's too late for me.

I'll sleep it all away.

I'll never know what it's like to be
Out in the open. So wild and lost, but free.
Maybe when I meet God,
He will answer me.
I'll write the letters that go unread,
Take the emptiness and leave it in my head.
I left so many things unsaid.
I'm so hard to reach.

I'll sleep it all away.

Won't you believe me?
I can't fight this
Fate I see.
I invite it.
(Repeat)

I'll sleep it all away.
(Repeat numerous times)

...oops! I found an extra verse that I never recorded. Maybe I'll have to have a bonus version that includes this verse.

Mister, I don't need your help.
I'd be better off without Him now.
I don't deserve to be free
From all of this pain.
They took away my innocence.
I didn't have a chance to avoid death.
Now, I choose to take this shame
And walk on straight.

No comments: