Pages

SoundCloud

Friday, March 29, 2013

I've found my dark place

"November 19, 2012"

I think I've found my dark place.
I saw it in the room.
It tried to take my breath away,
So I did all but swoon.
I followed Darkness to its room
And kept it company.
But little did I know,
It would be the death of me.

Awkward flirting somehow turning
Into what I thought was a new life.

I think I've found my dark place.
It was crying in the chair.
Accusations of exclusion.
Why'd I have to care?
I tried to let it in my life,
But it wouldn't behave.
It tried enveloping itself
With ego that I gave.

Opportunity confusion
Leading to my self-implosion.
I want it back.

I think I've found my dark place.
It was driving me away.
I tried to be accepting
Of its sensitive array.
I let it choose the music
And the food we always ate.
And I became a slave to Darkness.
Sense kicked in too late.

Self-importance prominent
Over the vestiges of give-and-take.
Where is my semblance?

I think I killed the darkness.
They were manifesting schemes,
Altering the universe
With Godforsaken dreams.
I had to cut the devil out
Before it reached the head.
But Darkness faded into Light,
So I killed myself instead.

No comments: