Pages

SoundCloud

Thursday, March 7, 2013

"March 4, 2013"

I apologize for my ennui. I'm working on it.

I made too many mistakes,
Too many final decisions.
I broke too many hearts.
I burned too many bridges.
And now, I walk alone,
Follow the ones who still can love me.
No matter, where I go.
No one's truth can validate me.

I'm alone.
Disconnected from my feelings.
I tear through social stature,
Never knowing who's on my side.
Just give me a reason to be alive.
Awake the dying boy inside.

I played it safe too much,
Passed too many chances.
I gave away too much,
Leaving myself hollow.
I've changed a lot from Self-Confinement,
No more edgy confidence.
I crawl, fixed in temporary,
Unable to decipher ennui.


I'm alone.
Disconnected from my feelings.
I tear through social stature,
Never knowing who's on my side.
Just give me a reason to want to cry.
Give me some control of my life.


We're together in my head.
You, or you, or you, and me.
It took hours of cautious dreaming,
But I finally got the right idea.
I love getting ideas,
Theories so appealing.
So why can't someone love
The idea of me?

No comments: