Pages

SoundCloud

Friday, March 29, 2013

Wake Up and Drink This Poison

I think I'm finally ready to unveil "{Drink Me}." I still consider it a demo because I haven't spent a whole lot of time mixing it, or sent it to get mixed, so I'm not sure how the finished product will sound yet. But I wanted to show everyone what I had been working on officially since October but mostly since January of this year. And I wanted people to hear that while I'm still working on writing some happier music, I can at least write happy-sounding music.

Don't be fooled though. This isn't a love song, or at least, it isn't in the traditional sense. Sometimes, I get so fed up with being lonely, that I wish that any girl would take a chance on me. {Drink Me} communicates this feeling. I don't say, "Wake and and love me," because that isn't what I think I deserve. I say, "Wake up and drink my poison" because I know that my feelings are incredibly selfish, and will only be detrimental to the person involved.

So please, don't play this song at a wedding. Or on Valentine's Day. But do enjoy if you're lonely!

Drink Me

No comments: