Pages

SoundCloud

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thank You, Dana

Just finished a documentary on the work of Marina Abramovic. Her art was incredibly moving. And her masterpiece was as "simple" as sitting at a chair and staring back at people visiting her exhibit at MoMA. I connected with her work and Vito Acconci's on a deep, kind of scary level. But it's definitely for the better. I feel as though this exposure to profoundly emotional performance art will positively affect my outlook on experimental music, and it'll help me be more honest in my own music.

So much of art is baring your soul, but what really hits people is exposing a part of you that people don't want to see. I don't exactly know which direction I'm taking, but I do want to continue writing pieces that deal with what people don't want to hear. Not sonically necessarily, but lyrically and content-wise.

I want to write a song about nothing. Who would listen to that? ;)

No comments: