Pages

SoundCloud

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Doubt

"August 30, 2012"

I would like to add a disclaimer to this one: I wrote this song after having a conversation with my friends about religion. It in no way reflects their views or my views on Christianity or science-based ideologies. I'm merely embellishing.

I can prove anything
As long as I'm happy.

The grand search is on again.
Gather up your iPhones.
Start phonetic typing.
I've found another loophole.
Bring down the Christian regime.
Not another lie to breathe.
I found a skull under an old oak.
It proves that humans come from trees.

Who are our coniferous ancestors?
I'm dying to believe.
Someday, I'll dig my roots and sprout my leaves.
But not today.

You lied to me
To keep me safe.
You screwed up my mind
To keep me home on Sunday.
I try to run,
But your Lord is at my heels.
Tell your Jesus,
I revere no one but myself.

At peace when not provoked
By your morality.
Shove scripture down my throat
Like I'm unclean.
I'm a good person.
I do good things.
So, why can't you just let me
Do what I please?
Hypocrites,
Smothering me with your religion.
Why can't you tolerate
My intolerance?

No comments: