Pages

SoundCloud

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

September 24, 2012

"September 24, 2012"

I want to love someone.
I want her to love me too.
I want to meet her in the corner
Where we both hide from view.
I want her to be so shy,
She can't say hello.
And we'll both sit in silence
'Til she gets up to go.
Then, I'll make some joke.
Say, "I don't even know your name."
She'll sit back down
So we can start again.

The shyness thaws
As we realize
We both have
That sparkle in our eyes.

I want love that'll never happen,
Timing that doesn't exist,
A woman who loves me even though
I don't know how to kiss.
I have to wait a lifetime
Before I take a chance.
It's not easy being so sensitive
Without a trained romance.

That story before wasn't love,
But that's what I want.
I wanna share my life with her
And write her a million songs.
But my imagination
Is not reality.
In this scenario,
She gets up and leaves.

A friend, I'll be
Until we fade.
But desire will not
Walk away.

No comments: