Pages

SoundCloud

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

TheBestFriend (College Edition)

"October 9, 2012"

Can I be your friend?
Can we never be together?
Tell me all the guys
You think are hot.
Can you think I'm gay,
That I'm one of the girls?
That permanent friend zone
Is always safe.

What the fuck am I doing?
Every chance to start again,
I stay the same.
Who the fuck am I kidding?
I won't get a woman by
Being her best friend.

The truth is out.
My secret's gone.
I build on friendship
When I'm in love.
Will you please
Just work with me?
I'm tired of feeling so lonely.

I'm out of practice.
Don't hold it against me.
So much rejection
Has me weak.
I need some protection
From my internal voice.
It's breaking my courage
To talk to you.

What the fuck am I doing?
Overanalyze when I should
Take the plunge.
Who the fuck am I kidding?
I should lower standards
And try to have some fun.

No comments: