Pages

SoundCloud

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

More, Better Covers

So, you know how I tend to have a short attention span, musically? Well, I have another AWESOME idea for an album, just until I can get some creative inspiration for Joue... and my synthesizer stuff for The Age of Innocence. So I've been poring over my collection for the past week, looking for acceptable songs to cover. I've been looking at songs I can adapt for the piano or turn into synth comps, or just add my flavor. And I have a list of 32 songs I might cover. Of course, this won't be an official album because I don't want to mess with royalties. Just a pet project to keep me occupied until I can push it off to the side.

Here's the 32-track list:
  1. Beauty Queen/Horses (Tori Amos)
  2. Different (Acceptance)
  3. Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles)
  4. Paradise (Vanessa Carlton)
  5. Words (Skylar Grey)
  6. Outlaws of Love (Adam Lambert)
  7. Crazy (K-Ci & JoJo)
  8. I Only See You (Benton Paul)
  9. Trees (Marty Casey & the Lovehammers) *
  10. Bad News (Kanye West)
  11. Call Your (Boyfriend) [Robyn]
  12. Cold Feet (Liam Finn) *
  13. Yesterday (Diddy Dirty Money)
  14. She Said (Unwritten Law)
  15. Tainted Love (Soft Cell)
  16. Coldest Winter (Kanye West)
  17. Just a Feeling (Maroon 5)
  18. Yeah Yeah Yeah You Would (Diddy Dirty Money)
  19. So Sick (Ne-Yo)
  20. Falling Stars (David Archuleta)
  21. Somebody That I Used to Know (Gotye)
  22. Mean (Taylor Swift)
  23. Facedrop (Sean Kingston)
  24. Goodnight and Go (Imogen Heap)
  25. Вспоминай (Sergei Lazarev)
  26. Mercy (Matt Nathanson)
  27. One More Night (Maroon 5)
  28. Deseo Que Ya No Puede Ser (Nek)
  29. How (Maroon 5)
  30. Won’t Stop (OneRepublic)
  31. Complainte de la Butte (Rufus Wainwright) *
  32. Junebug (Robert Francis)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would hardcore listen to this. I've already heard your "I Only See You" cover, and it makes me melt every damn time. I feel like you could probably make a really badass "Tainted Love" cover, too, that could achieve a similar effect.

While we're on the subject, how do you feel about "Primadonna Girl" by Marina and the Diamonds? Because even though it's a total diva song, I feel like you could work wonders with it.